There are various attractions and days out near Polborder ranging from beaches and parks to the much talked about Eden Project. As well as this, there are also a number of attractive shopping locations including Looe and Liskeard, both only a few minutes drive from our campsite. Below is a brief list along with details of local attractions and popular annual events:Great trethewSteam Rally
– Usually held in August for 3 days, the traction rally is an annual event located at Widegates where people from all over the South West come to show off their old steam engines and vehicles. There’s more to it than that though of course, often with quad racing, a car boot sale, burger and sweet stalls and much, much more; it’s a sure fun day out for the whole family. Callington Honey Fair
– The honey fair is an annual event held in Liskeard for one day in the month of October. It brings together a collection of stalls, a fun fair, street entertainers, honey exhibits & competitions, art displays and lots more, so everyone should enjoy! Eden Project
– The ever popular and much talked about Eden Project is situated just East of St. Austell and only 30 minutes drive from Polborder Farm. It’s famous gigantic dome conservatories are what most people associate with Eden but there is so much more to it than that. For more information please visit the website: www.edenproject.com Monkey Sanctuary
– The Monkey Sanctuary in Cornwall has been the home to a colony of woolly monkeys since 1964. It is just 5 minutes away from Polborder Farm and is a popular attraction. Please take a look at their website: www.monkeysanctuary.org for more information. Porfell Animal Land
– Situated near Lanreath, Porfell Animal Land is roughly 20 minutes from Polborder in a car. Take a look at some familiar animals and some different ones too. Make close contact with rabbits, guinea pigs and goats, feed the ducks, chickens and deer, or just simply sit and watch. Visit the website here: www.porfellanimalland.co.uk Cornish Market World
– Boasting the largest indoor market in Great Britain, Cornish Market World is the place to go for any type of bargain and of course you’ll find some unusual stalls here too. Located near St. Austell, it is only about a 30 minute drive from Polborder Farm and is an excellent day out for all the family. Looe Raft Race
– The Looe raft race is an annual event, usually held in the months of summer, where local people participate by building their own rafts and racing them against each other around the coast and up the estuary of Looe. This is quite a comical event, often involving the throwing of water balloons in an attempt to upset the contenders balance and capsize their raft and crew. For a comprehensive list of upcoming events in and around the South West please use the links below:
Looe is a much liked seaside holiday shopping attraction that many local people and holiday makers enjoy all year round. It is only a 5 minute drive from Polborder Farm and can get quite busy in the summer but with it’s beach, pier, shops and amusement arcades it gives anyone plenty to do in the sun.Liskeard is another popular shopping centre that is only a 10-15 minute drive away but it is geared much more towards the shopping side of things rather than holiday making. If you need to do a serious shopping trip, this is the place to go. It has a few major retail chains such as Woolworths, MacKays, Safeway and Somerfield, but it also has a variety of smaller shops that should satisfy your every need.
If you like any further information on local attractions and events, please do no hesitate in contacting us; we will try to help in your enquiry as best as we can. Please find our telephone number in the ‘Find Us’ section.